Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > MaxiSysElite Not Reporting All Codes ?
MaxiSysElite Not Reporting All Codes ?

918 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-07-03 02:58:54

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    StLandryEms
    2020-06-24 13:06:15
    Is the MaxisysEite limited on what it can do ? , we have a Maxisys Elite up to date , we work on 2008 to 2015 Mercedes Sprinter Ambulances , recently had a dpf issue the dpf was clogged , changed dpf relearned new settings  , blocked dpf code 2626 came back and could not erase , knowing if it was active the van wouldnt regen we had no choice but to take it to mercedes , mercedes said it had codes for the intake shutters , Maxisys did not see this and it was a sensor that controlled them , we would have saved the money fixing it ourself if we had software that read this , what else can this scanner not read ?

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    tech172062

2020-07-02 02:32:07 (Reply to:StLandryEms)

Use the function viewer app to determine what the tool can access... However when it
    comes to sprinters they are in their own universe... Mercedes even uses different scan
    tools depending on the year or manufacture, I usually recommend having more than 1
    aftermarket scan tool and occasionally still have to use the dealer for some issues so
    if you only have Mercedes Benz sprinter ambulances I would reccomend getting the
    Mercedes Benz SDS PC based scan system

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-07-03 02:58:54 (Reply to:StLandryEms)

I'm pretty sure the MaxiSys Elite would have given you all the engine control fault code if a code had actually set while in your shop. Obviously the required parameters to run the DPF regen were not met to run the regen whether or not intake runner position sensor was out of spec enough at the time to set a code for it. The Pid for the intake runner control position sensor is probably right there staring you in the face , but next time you'll know what to look for  it and compare to a known value of one that a regen works on.
  Total1 Pages